Linksys’ AC3000 MR9000 Mesh Wifi Router (Tri-Band Router, Wireless Mesh Router, MU-Mimo Fast Wireless Router ), is a fantastic piece of hardware and today I’ll be reviewing it.
This router offers a lot for a decent price, and those with mid-range budgets should pay attention to the number of features you’re getting for the price compared to other options…
Using Tri-Band and MU-MIMO technology, the MR9000 is offering what I would say are the two must-have tech specs for good quality routers today.
With these features, you will be able to have a dozen or more connections around the home browsing the net, streaming 4K or playing games without noticing a significant drop in speeds.
Important Features –
The MR9000 delivers built-in Mesh WiFi which is designed to allow seamless scaling of your network…
With the Linksys App that you use to manage the network, you can easily add more Linksys Velop ‘nodes’ to expand coverage and optimize connection speeds.
The App also allows you to implement extra features such as parental control, guest control, device prioritization and more.
Who Should Use It –
This router is perfect for homes with multiple device connections, and for those who are used to simultaneously uploading and downloading such as those who want to stream themselves online such as gamers.
The Linksys Tri-Band MR9000 WiFi 5 Router is also perfect for larger households in terms of property size, the router delivers superior speeds of up to 3 Gbps with coverage up to 3,000 square feet.
How do the specs for this router look?
- Provides upto 3000 square feet of Wi Fi coverage for 25 plus Wireless devices
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet Ports, X1 USB 3.0 Port.
- Beamforming Technology
- Works with the Velop mesh Wi Fi System to easily expand Wi Fi coverage upto 6000 square feet and eliminate dead zones
- Works with existing modem, simple setup through Linksys App; Power Supply 100 to 240V ~ 50 to 60Hz; Output: 12V, 2A
- Enjoy 4K HD streaming, gaming and more in high quality without buffering
- Tri band Wi Fi speeds upto 3Gbps (5 GHz/ 1733 Mbps) + (5 GHz/ 867 Mbps) + (2.4 GHz/ 867 Mbps)
- When used with Velop mesh Wi-Fi system, router serves as master node
This is a decent router and for those with a medium-sized budget it’s one of the best on the market.